Getting married? Looking for a sassy fun loving celebrant you will feel comfortable with? Look no further!
1) before you even start looking – start three lists –
and ‘that’d be nice’….
Be brutal about which category they go in and then use a combination of categories to make up your perfect day with in your perfect budget….
2) have a colour palette not just a single colour – it means you can mix and match things and use shades of colours instead of being super specific on colour which ends up narrowing options – smaller options = bigger price!
more bridesmaid ideas!
When it comes to bridesmaids, our minds tend to go to fluffy pink dresses we hope never to wear again. But as weddings evolve, we’re seeing more and more non-traditional garb for the ladies in waiting. This year’s biggest trends for bridesmaids are suits, separates, and mismatched color palettes!
View original post 106 more words
very informative if you need help to choose your reception venue
In addition to setting the date, choosing your venue is probably one of the biggest decisions you’re going to make throughout the wedding planning process. Your venue will set the tone for the wedding and give you an idea of what expenses you’re going to be facing.
Here are some things you should have taken care of before you start scouting wedding venues.
- Budget – Your big day budget is what makes everything else possible. Knowing how much money you have to work with will help narrow down your venue options.
- Vision – Once again, having a clear picture of what you want your wedding day to be (in terms of theme, color scheme, location, etc.) will shorten your list of possible venues.
- Guest List – While your guest list doesn’t have to be 100% finalized, having an idea of how many people you’re expecting to invite/attend will have an…
View original post 662 more words
Amazing photo ideas
by Lauren J Sharkey
If there’s one thing I love, it’s wedding photos! Seriously, nothing gives me greater joy than seeing the happiest day of someone else’s life (and secretly picturing myself in the white dress!). Here are a couple of my favorites you might want to consider when choosing a wedding photographer!
View original post 636 more words
the seating plan, it is never easy!
Drafting and finalising your seating plan can be extremely difficult, this post aims to give you some top tips on how to plan your seating, group your guests and chart your tables.
First things first if you are having a small informal event or buffet don’t feel pressured into having a seating plan, it depends on your own day and the atmosphere you want to share.
Start Early – you will be surprised how much time it can take to plan your seating so don’t leave it until a week or two before the big day.
Use Table Names Not Numbers – table numbers can leave guests feeling there’s a hierarchy so use table names not numbers. You could link this to your wedding theme or location for example films, cities or even your favourite drinks.
View original post 437 more words
will you be my bridesmaid!
If you remember…. I wrote about this very subject! Meet this talented blogger and check out her great visuals!
thanks for reading
The excitement of asking your family member or best friend to be your bridesmaid is more than incredible! Make that moment even more special by asking your bridesmaids in a way which makes it more unique and unforgettable. There are so many ways you can ask them to be your bridesmaid – Small gift, card, […]
another geeky wedding idea!
Do you love Stan Lee’s amazing Marvel superhero team that is the Avengers? If so this post is definitely for you. From comic book paper flower bouquets to Captain America cocktails this post has some great inspiration and ideas on how you can assemble an awesome wedding day.
View original post 38 more words
There are many reasons more and more couples are choosing to elope or decide to have a small intimate wedding.
- The obvious one of course the huge amount of money that can be saved. Think about the “absolute basics” engagement party/photos, invitations, hens night, bux night, pretty white dress, hair/makeup, celebrant, pretty venue, colour scheme, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flowers, guest list, 3 course dinner, alcohol, gigantic cake, decorations everywhere photographer, videographer, music, rings…the list goes on.
- Relatives from all over the country may need to make long expensive journey.
- Some couples don’t want to be the centre of attention and feel the ceremony especially the vows are a very intimate experience. They just want it to be about them.
- It s about a lifetime together, not a single day.
- Contact me for a simple elopement style wedding you don’t have to go to Vegas to elope!
Ideas for your hens night!
Hen night. Hen do. Last night out. Whatever you call it, one thing is for sure – a bachelorette party is a rite of passage for any bride! But if strippers and Chippendales aren’t your thing, or if you’re looking to go out of the box, here are some great ideas for unique bachelorette parties that will be sure to send your girl off with some great memories.
View original post 257 more words